Pages

t r a n s l a t e

Wild Rice Salad

Ingredients:

1 lb. of wild rice – uncooked
3 cloves of garlic – sliced thin
2 healthy handfuls of fresh cilantro – chopped
3 stalks of celery – chopped
1 Jalapeño – chopped with seeds
29 oz. can of cannellini beans – drained and rinsed

Dressing:

Juice of ½ lemon
Juice of 1 lime
¼ cup rice wine vinegar
¼ cup of olive oil
1 tablespoon of honey
Dash of cinnamon
Dashes of sea salt
Dashes of fresh ground black pepper

Cook the rice as directed on package or in a rice cooker.

Place rice in a large bowl and add the garlic, cilantro, celery, Jalapeño and the cannellini beans and toss.

Prepare the dressing, pour over the salad and toss.

Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.

This salad makes a wonderful addition to any picnic or just a compliment to a meal.

Enjoy with Much Love,

Catherine
xoxo

Wild Rice Salad With Cannellini Beans on Foodista
Wild Rice Salad StumbleUpon

14 comments:

  1. Oh goodie....a new picnic recipe to try on the family!

    Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the texture of wild rice! This sounds like such a delicious salad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in the land of wild rice and we always have some. The lemon and lime in the dressing makes it perfect for summer... you ave me dreaming of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first thought when looking at the photo was, "man there's a lot of ingredients in there"

    But as it turns out not really. Delicious.

    bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is something new to me and honestly I am so curious.I hope to find wild rice in our place.By the way I gave you an award..I hope you could find time and get it,thanks and have a great weekend http://www.cookiedropletsetcbymarelie.com/2011/05/menudo-filipino.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stumbled! Rice, risotto, and beans are Italian food I can eat. Unfortunately for me, pasta, pizza, bread are all off limits. Mind if I steal this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Catherine, nice to meet you! Thank you for being
    gone from me, I'm really happy to meet new people.
    Your salad of rice and beans is very tasty!
    I tried not to translate the page into Italian and to seek
    to understand it in English .... but I have trouble with the weight of the ingredients :-)))
    Soon, I joined with your supporters

    ReplyDelete
  8. Catherine, this salad is inventive and it looks great. Lots of great ingredients coming together for a burst of flavor! Thanks for the recipe... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just divine I love the freshness the color everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dark rice white beans two favorites with wonderful herbs, Catherine this surely is a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love wild rice, it's macrobiotic (I think) while I can get some muesli like rice here, I can't find wild rice like this from home... this is so nostalgic for me and quite yummy to.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your rice looks very delicious Catherine! I have a whole bunch in my pantry I need to use up. I love your dressing with the dash of cinnamon! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is picnic time of year!! Thank you so much for a tasty new recipe, Catherine! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks good.

    Joyce
    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Living the Gourmet. Your comments are always appreciated.

Have a blessed day!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover