Pages

t r a n s l a t e

~ Carrot and Tomato Soup ~



Ingredients:

12 carrots – diced
1 large onion – diced
4 cloves of garlic – chopped
3 stalks celery – chopped
1 green chili pepper– chopped
1 clove bay leaf
28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
1 cup frozen peas
19 oz. can red beans – or your choice
7 cups chicken broth
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. sugar
Olive oil for drizzling

Place the carrots, onions, garlic, celery and green chili pepper in a soup pot with a drizzle of olive oil.  Sauté until the onion softens and starts to become transparent.

Add the crushed tomatoes and bay leaf to the pot.  Add the chicken broth. Add the  seasonings, peas and beans and gently simmer on low for at least one hour or more.

Serve with your favorite noodles or rice.

This is a hearty and warming dish.

Enjoy with Love,

Catherine
xo


StumbleUpon

24 comments:

  1. A hearty and warming dish indeed, especially on a rainy day in Singapore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. THank you for sharing such a great dish. Simple and fast and yet perfect for a fall evening. Giangi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that looks like a perfect fall meal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That soup looks delicious! I think The Picky Eater would even like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your soup Catherine and love that soup days are finally here! I don't need much more than this and some warm bread to make a lovely dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Querida amiga, te ha quedado una sopa deliciosa, para estas noches de frio que no tardaran en llegar. Mil besicos guapa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Healthy and tasty. Perfect to warm up at this time of year. I should use more tomatoes in my soups too. Thank you for sharing. XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Estupenda receta me gusta,abrazos y abrazos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Comfort food, mmmm..... Lovely soup, great for fall.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never done a combination with these vegetables and certainly look great, now that the soups are feeling like a warm, take note of your recipe, it sure is great, dear friend kisses
    Sofía
    milideasmilproyectos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Healthy and tasty. Perfect for this time of year. I loved!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks good. I picked up carrots and onion at the market to go with the tomatoes I have. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A homey and soothing soup. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks lovely, though I have to say I'm not a huge fan of 'cooked' carrots.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ho visto la salsa Barilla italiana....very good...I love soupe!
    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ho visto la salsa Barilla italiana....very good...I love soupe!
    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love soup- perfect for the colder months too :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love soup and this looks very yummy. Have a good week Diane

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love tomato based soups! This one is totally for me!

    ReplyDelete
  20. º°♪♫♫
    Que delícia!!!
    Bom domingo!
    Boa semana!
    Beijinhos. °º♪
    Brasil ♫♫♫

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just brought a whole bunch of beautiful carrots home from the farm - they would be wonderful in this soup!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mmm how hearty and delicious! I love all the spices here.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is definitely something I can incorporate into my new eating habits, looks delicious and filling.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Living the Gourmet. Your comments are always appreciated.

Have a blessed day!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover