~ Zucchini Quiche ~



Ingredients:

Prepare a crust:

2 cups flour
3 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of Crisco
2 tablespoons of oats
Dash of salt
Dash of pepper
4 tablespoons Cold water – plus more if needed to bind the dough

Place the flour in a large bowl along with the oats.  Add the butter and Crisco and work the butter and Crisco with your fingers to form small pieces. Add the water to begin to bind the dough.  Add as needed until dough is formed.  Form into a ball.

Dust a clean flat surface with flour and roll out the dough to fit a 9 inch pie plate.

Preheat Oven 350 degrees:

Bake the crust for 10 – 12 minutes.  Let cool.

For the Filling:

1 large zucchini – shredded
1 small red onion – sliced thin
2 cloves of garlic – chopped
5 eggs – beaten plus a splash of milk
4 oz. cheddar cheese – shredded
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
 Dashes of salt
Dashes of black pepper

Combine the shredded zucchini, sliced onion, chopped garlic, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and shredded cheddar cheese in a large bowl.

In a separate bowl beat the eggs and milk.  Pour into the bowl with the zucchini and combine. 

Pour this mixture into the pie crust and top with more parmesan cheese.

Bake 35-40 minutes or until firm in the middle.

This is a perfect lunch or light dinner with a nice side salad.

Enjoy with Love,
Catherine
xo



StumbleUpon

27 comments:

  1. I love any kind of quiche, are tasty and easy to make, have a good Sunday, a hug..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this quoche!!! looks delicious!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear Mary,
    What an lovelly quiche...i'm sure is delicious!
    Kisses
    RIta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum. That looks good.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love quiche. This looks yummy and then some.

    Have a terrific day Catherine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quiche looks delicious Catherine. I love zucchini in just about anything so your quiche is calling my name!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog; I'm your newest folower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With a large portion of salad, this would make a perfect autumn lunch for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Catherine, I love zucchini and I love this quiche! Delicious! Compliments and kisses, good evening & good week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a tasty and flavorful quiche dear :) I love zucchini, I like very much this filling. Have a freat week, bye

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy, I adore zucchini and this recipe looks awesome! Thank you for sharing. Have a happy week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  11. this looks amazing! i have trouble with
    making quiche. the egg never looks
    smooth like custard but more like
    scrambled eggs. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know people always have an abundance of zucchini after harvest so this is perfect. I hope you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks great. Just stopping by to say hello. I hope you had a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd love to have a slice of your cheesy zucchini quiche Catherine! Your crust looks so flaky and tender! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Catherine this looks so yummy! I love zucchini. I've been baking zucchini bars last summer and this quiche will be a nice variation.
    Have a nice week ahead!
    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your quiche recipes are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks wonderful,Catherine!!! I have serious post-midnight cravings!!Have a great week!XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks great Catherine. Do you blind bake the dough?? And what is 'cristo'?

    ReplyDelete
  19. this looks delightful! I love quiches!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow this quiche looks utterly gorgeous my friend this looks perfect :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  21. I made a quiche alike yours and it was delicious so I bet yours is!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love Zucchini quiche and this looks particularly yummy. Have a good week Diane

    ReplyDelete
  23. Extremly goog and tastfull ;-) dear Kathrine.

    ReplyDelete
  24. One of my favourites Catherine. I think I've mentioned it before. I just love quiche. Your dishes always look delicious : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Living the Gourmet. Your comments are always appreciated.

Have a blessed day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover