Cucumber and Cannellini Bean Salad

When I saw the cucumbers, five for two dollars, I said, “that is wonderful, I will make a salad and bring it to my brothers for his bbq”!  

The point of my telling you this is it turned out really good and it did not break the pocket book.  These days things are quite expensive and I really don’t think anyone is spared the pinch in the pocket!  

I will continue to post these pocket busters for you all, since I think everyone loves a bargain, without sparing the taste and the quality.  (As I so often say at a meal, “do you know what this would cost out!) 


Ingredients:
15 oz. Can of cannellini beans – drained
5 cucumbers – sliced thin
½ red onion – sliced thin
2 sun dried tomatoes – sliced thin
1 tbs. capers – chopped plus 1 tbs. caper juice
½ cup fresh basil – chopped
14 oz. can of artichokes – drained and sliced

Dressing:

Juice of 1 lemon – plus sliced lemon wedges for garnish
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
¼ - ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
¼ tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. salt
3 tablespoons olive oil

Combine all of the ingredients for the salad in a bowl. 

Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and mix.  Pour the dressing over the salad and give a toss.

Refrigerate to chill before serving.

Enjoy with Love,

Catherine
xo

AVON Deal of the Day:
Ideal Flawless BB Beauty Balm Cream
$7. 99

Shop my e-boutique HERE 







StumbleUpon

13 comments:

  1. It's incredible what we can do with a can of beans and a couple of ingredients! Cucumbers are one of my summer pleasure! Love your salad, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a happy salad! It looks fresh and I truly love cucumbers, especially in the summer. Not so much in the winter like it is now but I'd give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can make a delicious salad at home for far less money than going out. Delicious.

    Have a terrific day honey. Big hugs. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catherine, Another beautiful and interesting salad. Thanks for adding variety to our menu! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this as I'm a modified Vegan and this is perfect!

    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say this looked good enough to eat. I pinned it. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great recipe for summer and so healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Catherine, another lovely salad! You are right about finding ways to use what's in season and at the right price! Thanks so much for sharing your recipe and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad I discovered your blog|
    I looooooooove this salad, it actually has my favorite ingredients - like sun dried tomato and basil()!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderfully creative use of those cucumbers, Catherine!! Sounds divine. Perfect for summer barbeques. Thank you. blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic summer salad. I make several different cucumber salads but I have never tried them with beans. This will be a first. Thank you for sharing it on our BBQ Block Party.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like a perfect summer lunch. Thanks for linking up to Wonderful Food Wednesday. I'm going to link to your recipe in one of the upcoming weeks of 52 Weeks of No-Repeat Meal Plans. ;)

    Best,
    Jessica
    All She Cooks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Living the Gourmet. Your comments are always appreciated.

Have a blessed day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover